What better than the last month of the year to explore India? An amazing way to kick start new years is by traveling to an amazing new place!So, here we present some of our favorite new year party getaways. These beautiful places to visit in New Year are surely going to make for a perfect holiday destination!
5 VACATIONS GETAWAYS FOR NEW YEAR :-
BANGALORE : The open spaces, lush green and large gardens, huge malls and party places, Bangalore is a magnet for celebrating New Year. A moderate climate is what keeps bringing people to this city. You can also dine in some of the finest restaurants in Bangalore.
- MUMBAI:The city that never sleeps, Mumbai is totally a place for party animals. No sleep and dance all night is the mantra of Mumbaikars. They love to celebrate New Year with enthusiasm and ardor.Be it a house party or at a beach, you will enjoy every sip of your drink when you see the city lit up with lights and crackers. The hotels and lounges in the entire city also gear up for parties where one might also spot the star celebrities of the film industry.
- KOLKATA:One of the most elite cities of India, Kolkata calls for the most happening crowds from all over. New Year is celebrated with utmost zeal, when people from all age groups are seen enjoying.
- KERALA:Kerala is the perfect place to party at New Year’s eve amidst natural beauty and water bodies worth craving for. The beach parties are as exciting as ever. You can book a houseboat and enjoy personal time in the backwaters of Alleppey.
5.MCLEODGANJ:Situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh, the little town of Mcleodganj is as enthralling as ever during New Year’s eve. With the chill winds brushing through you, this place becomes all musical on this day.
5 VACATIONS GETAWAYS FOR CHRISTMAS:-
I love Christmas – the decorations, celebrations, trees, gifts! And there’s nothing like celebrating it in a special place. I make it a point to celebrate Christmas in different cities every year and trust me, am making memories for a lifetime. So if you too want to have a Christmas like no other, read through this list of the best places to visit in India, beyond the obvious (read Goa).
- ShillongThe Cathedral Church in Shillong one of the oldest in North East India and people from all over the world flock to this city to attend the Midnight Mass. As part of the pre-Christmas celebration at All Saints Cathedral, the century old fir tree is illuminated and the priest talks about the joys of Christmas. The chiming of bells, warm greetings, melodious hymns and tall natural Christmas trees all add to the festivities.
- PondicherryIndia’s little France makes for a beautiful place for a traditional Christmas. The popular Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception and Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus must not be missed during the festive season. They have lovely Christmas decorations and lights and the Mass is held in Tamil. The locals are high on energy during Christmas in this seaside town and there is anticipation and excitement in the air.
- LansdowneScouting for some place to celebrate Christmas away from the crowd? This is it! Unspoilt and untouched, Landsdowne will give you the much needed break from busy everyday life. Head to this hill station with friends, family or that special someone to make your Christmas holidays memorable. Plan your own little celebration in the hills with a bonfire, some music, beautifully decorated Christmas trees and gift exchanges.
- TarkarliTarkarli is a village in the Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra. It is situated only 60 kilometres from Goa, the party capital of India. Known for its pristine sand beaches, Tarkarli is beautiful and yet easy on the pocket. One can also avail home-stays here, where they provide home-cooked food, which is too good to be missed.
- GangtokSituated at an altitude of 5410 feet,Gangtok (meaning “Hill Top”) is aptly named so. Coupled with its beautiful sunset and dawn views and its clean surroundings, this small town is also called the “Switzerland of the East”. Trekkers and mountain lovers, do look out for Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest peak in the world. Now, imagine spending the eve of Christmas in a place with such beauty.Here was the list of new year and christmas getaways we hope you have likeed.