Salwar suits have historically been the first choice of every Indian lady that showcases the beauty of our culture and traditions. Salwar suits are combinations of kameez, salwar and dupatta which are very much popular in north India, especially in Punjab.
Origin and History Behind Salwar Suits and Its Popularity Across the Globe
Salwar suits are originated from the Punjab side where Punjabi ladies are very famous for their remarkable traditional attire salwar suits. Liked for its comfort, authenticity, feminism, charm and style salwar kameez had established itself more than just traditional attire. Now this attire has broken the boundaries of mainstream India and reaching towards the worldwide platform of the global market. The journey of salwar suits from ancient India to the modern one was long, yet rich. It followed a different series of styles, designs, various materials and patterns depending on the time. Now not only India and Punjab but the whole world follow this style as a fashion trend. Every lady embraces various styles of salwar suits according to the occasions and comfort.
Different styles in salwar suits:
Salwar suit is one among the decent, delightful, gorgeous and royal attire to define the sparkling elegance of women. Moreover, unlike the other dresses it has transformed so much over the years and here is a list of its styles:
1. Anarkali style: Anarkali style inspired from the Mumtaz look has now become so much popular. From a very popular celebrity to a common girl everyone prefers to wear Anarkali in every occasion. It is stylish, elegant and ravishing perfect for any wedding occasion. Anarkali suits are so perfect for the different occasions of the wedding ceremony.
2. Patiala salwar suits: Patiala style is very much imminent because it’s the royal dress of Punjabis. It is more often called as Patiala shahi salwar which gets paired with short colourful kameez and heavily embroidered detailed dupatta. It looks wow when every pleat of salwar defines the structure of waist very beautifully. Get yourself decked up in a Patiala suit for any wedding party and celebration like Lohri and Baisakhi to have that Punjabi feel. Even for night outs also pairing a cool long loose shirt with Patiala is the best look.
3. Dhoti salwar suits: Dhoti Salwar looks fantastic when paired up correctly with kameez. It can be worn with kameez and shirts also. The U-shaped pleats look amazing and flaunt the beauty of the girl who wears it. The dhoti salwar suits are comfortable and easy to wear. Dhoti Salwar suits are perfect if you want to have an unconventional and different look.
4. Afghani salwar suits: The Afghani Salwar suits are wider than the normal salwar and inspired from the traditional Afghani suits. The Afghani Salwar suits come in various variations and very much popular among women. It is the perfect for girls and looks cool and stylish.
5. Trouser salwar suit: Trouser Salwar suits are in trend currently and look modern. It looks simple yet ravishing and can be paired up with long straight kurtis to a normal cotton kurtis of mid-length. These are perfect for hangouts, office wear and daily wear.
To look best and gorgeous it is preferable to determine the body shape before choosing the right salwar suit for any occasion or party. Here are some looks given according to the body shapes:
- Straight: for the ladies with the straight figure it is advisable to wear heavy embroidered kurti paired with Patiala salwar. This look will draw away the attention from waistline and make you look slim and gorgeous. This look will complement your body shape.
- Apple: The ladies with an apple figure have broad shoulders comparatively their lower body parts. So to look slim and gorgeous they can wear floor length Anarkali Salwar suits with nice embroidery or details worked below the waistline. This can draw the attention towards the waist and gives them a balanced look.
- Pear: salwar suits with empire cuts detailed embroidered neckline look amazing on the girls with pear-like body figure. This look will hide the thicker thighs and shift the focus to the bust.
- Hourglass: the girls who are blessed with hourglass figure can wear any kind of suit. This is the most desirable body size and looks good in any kind, and every kind of look.
With the changing trend and variations in style, salwar suits are gaining popularity all across the globe. The fashion designers also going out of their set boundaries and trying to add something new modern, classy in the salwar suits. Because of stimulating demand and popularity of salwar suits, now a wide range of salwar suits is available online. There are numerous online websites that are providing exciting salwar suits with the feature of customization. In which the girls can have the suits according to their size and other requirements.